Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in New York City
- Southampton at the Southeast Regional final CHSAA state 'A' semi: Kellenberg vs. Kennedy Catholic
- LI Class AA final: Sachem East vs. Baldwin LI Class A final: Harborfields vs. North Shore
- CHSAA state AA semis: St. Anthony's vs. St. Mary's Friends Academy in the Southeast Regional final
- Recent LI fires Recent LI mug shots
- LI notable deaths Long Island polar bear plunges
- LI car accidents 37 signs you're from Suffolk
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Long Island and New York City's top photos
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations around Long Island Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos
- CHSAA Class AA state quarterfinal: St. Anthony's vs. Molloy Santos Elena Ruiz Solano accused of killing her newborn
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories Cars driven into houses and buildings
- New York City parties Your pet photos
- Long Island snowstorm Bill de Blasio