Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
More in New York City
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show
- New York City parties
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- Miley Cyrus and more rock the Barclays
- Jones Beach acts of 2014
- Mets Opening Day 2014
- Greek Independence Day Parade 2014
- 41 signs you're from Suffolk LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- 100 things every kid should do on LI 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- Pets waiting for adoption on LI LI car accidents
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories 42 signs you're from Nassau
- Tribeca Film Festival 78 luminaries remember life on Long Island
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Manhasset vs. Notre Dame (Md.)
- Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show New York City parties
- 101 new stores on LI Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Recent LI mug shots This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter' Buried on Long Island
- Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner
- Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner LI notable deaths