Holiday gifts that give back
For Kenneth Cole, it's human rights. For Marni, it's education. For Michael Kors and Kiehl's, hunger.
These days, designers and brands of all prices are making their concerns for the world known, and asking consumers to help them fight the good fight. At a time when we find ourselves compelled to buy gifts for friends and loved ones -- even though, let's face it, many of us don't need any more STUFF -- it's nice to know that our dollar goes further than just from wallet to cash register. It reaches doctors and scientists fighting pancreatic cancer (thanks to Ippolita) and those helping to plant trees (Clarins) or rebuild schools destroyed by natural disasters (Clinique).
So as you do your holiday shopping this month, remember that the best gifts of all are the ones that give back. -- Joseph V. Amodio
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in New York City
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Gracie Mansion
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- New York City parties
- Bill Bratton through the years
- 'Mariano Rivera Way' for the day
- Lady Gaga, Rockette, Einstein join NY wax museum
- Barclays Center concerts 2013
- Baby Hope's headstone engraved with her real name
- LI notable deaths 10 Roosevelt Field dining options
- Former NCPD Commissioner Thomas Dale 100 things every kid should do on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Joe Capobianco
- Ray Catapano Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos Gracie Mansion
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- Erik Callender's reptiles Snow falls across LI
- Students create recycled-trash artwork Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Snow hits LI: 2013 Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant Billy Joel now and then
- New York City parties Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens Places we loved on Long Island