Former Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner exchanged sexually suggestive electronic messages with a 15-year-old girl, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.

The British tabloid said Weiner claimed that, “I likely have been the subject of a hoax.”

Weiner conceded in a statement to the newspaper that he had “no one to blame but me,” because he had “repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgment about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent,” the Daily Mail said.

Weiner could not be reached for comment Wednesday. A public relations firm he has used in the past did not return calls for comment.

At an unrelated event in Manhattan, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that, “If the reports are true, it’s possibly criminal, and it is sick.”

“And frankly,” the governor added, “I’ve heard enough about Anthony Weiner and I think that goes for all New Yorkers.”

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Weiner’s wife, top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, said last month that she had separated from her husband. That announcement came after the release of a photo Weiner had sent to a woman online that showed him with his young son in the frame.

In the latest development, the Daily Mail said it obtained communications between the young woman and Weiner showing the communications began in January but did not say when they ended.

Weiner, a former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate, has been embroiled in multiple sexting scandals.

He resigned from Congress in 2011 after the first revelations, then scrapped a campaign for mayor in 2013 after another sexting scandal.

With Matthew Chayes