A Bronx man sought in connection with the shooting death last month of a 14-year-old boy was caught over the weekend after police in upstate Binghamton arrested him for allegedly selling marijuana, New York City police said.

Travis Bloch, 28, of the Morrisania section, was ordered held without bail Monday by a Bronx criminal court judge on charges of second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter and weapons possession stemming from the May 22 killing of Christopher Duran, according to a spokeswoman for the Bronx district attorney's office.

Duran had been on his way to school about 8:30 a.m. when he was shot numerous times a short distance from his home on Sheridan Avenue in the Concourse section of the Bronx. Bullets pierced Duran's lung, liver, kidney and spleen, according to the criminal complaint unsealed Monday.

photosRecent NYC mug shotsDataNYC crime rates

Bloch fainted in court after an assistant district attorney said he faced a term of 25 years to life in prison for the Duran slaying, Bronx district attorney spokeswoman Terry Raskyn said.

NYPD detectives said they still are seeking a second person -- 16-year-old Jeremiah Thomas -- in connection with the killing.

Prosecutors alleged that Bloch used the same gun to shoot another man, Jorge Ortiz, in the face on May 16 in the Bronx, according to the complaint and a law-enforcement official.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Bloch faces attempted murder and other charges in connection with that case.

Police in Binghamton arrested Bloch on marijuana charges on Saturday, but found out he was wanted in New York City in connection with the Duran homicide after they ran a check of his fingerprints through criminal databases, prosecutors said.

Bloch's attorney, Brian Arthur of the Bronx, didn't immediately return a call for comment Monday.

A law enforcement official said the same gun also was used in a third attempted murder allegedly committed by another individual.