Fashion tips: Look fab after 40
Long Island native Lois Joy Johnson, 63, gives wardrobe tips for women over 40 in her new book, "The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age" (Running Press, $23).
The book has scores of tips for women on how to look good as their lives -- and bodies -- shift (and, yes, sometimes sag). Instead of models, she's got photos of 18 friends and colleagues of a certain age who've all "survived trends, fads, weight changes, husbands, jobs, grown-up kids and life's little lemons with wit and style," she declares.
Here, Lois-approved pieces for a new you.
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in News
- LI notable deaths
- Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos
- Snow falls across LI
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Notable sports deaths in 2013
- Snow hits LI: 2013
- Snow, ice, freezing temps hit U.S.
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- America's health care reform through history
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- President Barack Obama
- John F. Kennedy assassination edition of Newsday
- Midwest tornadoes
- Whitey Bulger through the years
- Joe Capobianco Ray Catapano
- Long Island and New York City's top photos LI notable deaths
- Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos Gracie Mansion
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Erik Callender's reptiles
- Snow falls across LI Students create recycled-trash artwork
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition Snow hits LI: 2013
- Yaphank church gutted by fire LI Holiday Benefit Pageant
- Billy Joel now and then New York City parties
- Gingerbread house contest Meet Long Island's pageant queens
- Places we loved on Long Island Pearl Harbor anniversary remembered on Long Island
- LI pets pose with Santa Recent polar bear plunges in Suffolk