Federal investigators said Wednesday they hope to have new information for the public in the coming days about the fatal commuter train crash in Hoboken.

The National Transportation Safety Board said in a Twitter message that its investigators were analyzing event and video recorders recovered from the train Tuesday.

“Expect content characterization in a few days,” the Twitter message said.

An agency spokesman said the information that will be made public will deal with what was found in the recorders, but will not give a cause for the crash.

The NJ Transit train smashed through a restraining barrier at the end of its run last Thursday, causing the roof of the Hoboken terminal to partially collapse onto the train and platform, killing one person on the platform and injuring more than 100 others.

An event recorder at the tail end of train was recovered last week, but it was not functioning at the time of the crash.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Another event recorder and a video recorder were recovered from the lead car Tuesday morning after engineers determined that there was no danger of the damaged station structure falling on the car.

The malfunctioning recorder was sent to the manufacturer, and the items recovered Tuesday are the ones being examined by the NTSB.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said last week that based on eyewitness accounts, the train was likely going 30 to 25 mph when the crash occurred.

The Associated Press, quoting an unidentified U.S. official, said Tuesday that the damage to the station would indicate a speed of 20 to 30 mph.

The train’s engineer has told investigators he was doing 10 mph — the speed limit — when he entered the station, but does not remember the accident.