Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Rudolph, Charlie Brown, holiday crafts and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Charlie Brown and Rudolph to gingerbread houses, holidays crafts and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Breakfast with Mrs. Claus at The Dees' Nursery & Florist (69 Atlantic Ave., Oceanside). Kids can enjoy a morning meal with Santa's better half, followed by a holiday story and craft session during which kids can decorate aprons and ornaments. The event takes place Saturday from 9:30-10:30 a.m.; reservations are required. Price: $14.99.
2. Performance: A Charlie Brown Christmas at SoLuna Studio Theater (659 Old Willets Path, Hauppauge). On Saturday at 3:30 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m., check out Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy and the rest of the "Peanuts" gang in this classic Christmas performance. Price: $15, $12 students and seniors, $10 ages 12 and under.
3. Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr. at Studio Theatre (141 S. Wellwood Ave., Lindenhurst). Join Belle and the Beast as this musical fairy tale comes to life on stage at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Price: $10.
4. Gingerbread Decorating at The Cupcake Corner (61 New Hyde Park Rd., Garden City). Learn how to decorate a traditional gingerbread house or a gingerbread cake on Saturday and Sunday. Homemade hot cocoa and holiday treats will be served. There are two sessions each day: 4:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.; must reserve a spot. Prices: $40-$60.
5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at John W. Engeman Theater (250 E. Main St., Northport). Join everyone's favorite reindeer as he guides Santa's sleigh; Saturday at 11 a.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Price: $15.