Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
- | View all
User rating:(53) Click to rate
More in Weather
- Coram man charged in uncle's death Kellenberg in the CHSAA state 'A' final
- LI Class A final: Glenn vs. VSS St. Patrick's Day celebrations around Long Island
- Southeast Regional 'C' final: Friends vs. Haldane CHSAA state semifinal: Holy Trinity vs. Buffalo Nichols
- Southeast Regional 'B' final: Hampton Bays vs. Woodlands Shelter Island in the Southeast Regional final
- 40 signs you're from Nassau 23 pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Southampton at the Southeast Regional final CHSAA state 'A' semi: Kellenberg vs. Kennedy Catholic
- LI Class AA final: Sachem East vs. Baldwin LI Class A final: Harborfields vs. North Shore
- CHSAA state AA semis: St. Anthony's vs. St. Mary's Friends Academy in the Southeast Regional final
- Recent LI fires Recent LI mug shots
- LI notable deaths Long Island polar bear plunges
- LI car accidents Signs you're from Suffolk
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Long Island and New York City's top photos