Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
- | View all
User rating:(53) Click to rate
- State Class AA semis: Baldwin vs. CNS State Class A semifinal: Harborfields vs. Jamesville-Dewitt
- Friends Academy at the state tournament Notable Long Island celebs
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations on LI LI car accidents
- St. Baldrick's: Going bald for a cure LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI's cheerleading and kickline teams Long Island and New York City's top photos
- New York City parties The fall and rise of St. John's basketball
- 19 LIers spill on their favorite beers 41 signs you're from Nassau
- Potholes across LI Divergent premiere
- LI notable deaths St. Patrick's Day goes to the dogs