The Gerontology Research Group has confirmed the ages of more than 70 living supercentenarians -- or those who are 110 and older. Nearly all are women, and most are located in North America, Europe and Japan, where proof-of-age records are more readily available.
Here are the 10 oldest people in the world whose ages have been validated by the group:
1. Misao Okawa, 116, Japan
2. Gertrude Weaver, 116, United States
3. Jeralean Talley, 115, United States
4. Susannah Mushatt Jones, 115, United States
5. Bernice Madigan, 114, United States
6. Emma Morano-Martinuzzi, 114, Italy
7. Antonia Gerena Rivera, 114, United States
8. Ethel Lang, 114, England
9. Nabi Tajima, 113, Japan
10. Blanche Cobb, 113, United States
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.