Style and sample sales, fashion and fun.
BloggersAlison Bernicker Anne Bratskeir Joseph V. Amodio Barbara Schuler Ginny Dunleavy
Joseph V. Amodio
Ralph Lauren is launching the activewear of tomorrow today at the U.S. Open in Flushing, outfitting six ball boys with a new high-performance “Polo Tech” shirt that measures physiological data like heart and breathing rates, transmitting it via an app to a smartphone. And up-and-comer Marcos Giron—the No. 1 singles player in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association—will wear the state-of-the-art shirt...Read more »
Cologne for Father's Day -- cliched? Not if done right. Here are four new winners:
1. For rock-star dads -- Gold Jay Z melds spicy ginger, cardamom and myrrh with bourbon vanilla. Dad'll be itching for bottle service at the club; $39 and up, jayzgold.com.
2. For indie dads -- the Santal 26 candle, a hip collaboration of cult scentmasters Le Labo and L.A. shop Violet Grey. Smoky, leathery,...Read more »
The perfect antidote to winter-weary complexions is a stroke of springtime blush. Here are four new ones to try:
1. By Terry Cellularose Blush Glace warms you up with light-activating "brightening cells" to enrich the shade and give depth, texture; $58 at Barneys New York, Space NK, beauty.com
2. Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette Blush & Glow Trio comes in three threesomes -- Ménage à...Read more »
With winter weather gone, renew your lips for spring with simple treatments and fun colors:
1. Most lip colors seen on celebs are custom- blended by makeup artists. Try that one-of-a-kind mixing at home with Mally Beauty Pro Tricks Lip Palette, with nine shades plus pearlizer and white and black shade modifier, $45; at mallybeauty.com.
2. Lipstick goes on more smoothly -- no flakes or...Read more »
April showers bring ... you know. But wintered-out, brittle hair could use hydration, too. Treat it before, during, and after shampoos with:
1. Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme: Apply biweekly to wet hair (mid-length to ends), cover, leave on two to 20 minutes, then shampoo, $45; at philipkingsley.com.
2. Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter: Launched this...Read more »