Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in News
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- LI notable deaths
- America's health care reform through history
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- President Barack Obama
- Notable sports deaths in 2013
- John F. Kennedy assassination edition of Newsday
- Midwest tornadoes
- Whitey Bulger through the years
- Presidential pets
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories Help find these lost LI pets
- 73 celebrities remember life on Long Island LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Searching for a home with an unusual fireplace? Bill Bratton through the years
- 100 things every kid should do on LI Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Vince Camuto's $48M-plus Southampton home in contract Huntington vs. Commack
- Nassau boys soccer awards dinner Long Island school event photos
- Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island Nassau girls soccer awards dinner
- Suffolk football awards dinner LI notable deaths
- 116 celebs from LI New York City parties
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos Your pet photos
- 10 Roosevelt Field dining options Huntington Village holiday parade
- New Yorker photographs horrors of WWII Polar plunges in Brookhaven, Shelter Island