Norwalk man Michael Ness dies from injuries in fire at 33 Pettom Road

Norwalk fire officials say a man died today after he was severely burned in a Norwalk house fire on Sunday.

Travel deals

NORWALK - Norwalk fire officials say a man died today after he was severely burned Sunday in a fire at 33 Pettom Road.

They say 22-year-old Michael Ness died from burn injuries suffered during the fire.

A neighbor said he was awakened by the fire. He says he called 911 and did his best to get four victims out of the house.

Ness' family says a private memorial is planned for Wednesday. They did not reveal any further details.

Officials say the victim's older brother was released, but two other men are still hospitalized with injuries sustained in the fire.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Newsday on social media

@Newsday

advertisement | advertise on newsday