Style and sample sales, fashion and fun.
BloggersAlison Bernicker Anne Bratskeir Joseph V. Amodio Barbara Schuler Ginny Dunleavy
Say so long to the pinching and compression (ow!) of traditional shapewear worn under your clothes. Lysse, (which means smooth in French), whose popular, slimming high-waisted leggings have been a godsend to many of us gals with a bit a bulge or a mega-muffin top, has launched its first ready-to-wear collection that goes w-a-y beyond leggings potentially making those killer tight body shapers a...Read more »
There's always a little something you want to hide, and these new concealers will do the trick:
1. Laura Mercier's High Coverage Concealer will de-puff under the eyes and hide circles. Honey, vitamin E and fruit acids nourish and smooth in 12 shades, $28; at Mercier counters and lauramercier.com.
2. Iman Cosmetics has launched CC Correct & Cover Powder to Crème Concealer. The product...Read more »
There's nothing quite as fun as fashion that gives back.
Long Island-based Ooh la la Boutiques announced they'll be hosting their fourth annual Glitz, Glamour, Groove, Give Fashion Show benefiting Habitat for Humanity on Friday, May 16 in Island Park.
Tickets for the show, which will feature food, an open bar and a chic runway show, are $75, or $100 at the door.
In the past, celebs...Read more »
SPATIQUE MEDICAL SPA in Smithtown holds an informational session on CoolSculpting, a nonsurgical body contouring treatment, 7:30 p.m., at 260 Middle Country Rd., Suite 208. One guest will receive a free treatment; bring a friend and get a complimentary gift. Reservations required; 631-724-7720.
See a spring fashion and style show by OOH LA LA BOUTIQUE and BEE...Read more »
We’re positively flipping over this year’s Project Prom girl, gymnast Katherine Grandazza, 18, from South Side High School in Rockville Centre. The senior, whose friends call her Kat, has, “been so busy all her life in gymnastics, that I would like her to take a break and enjoy the prom. A lot of her friends have already purchased a dress and Katherine has not thought about it yet,” wrote her mom...Read more »
With winter weather gone, renew your lips for spring with simple treatments and fun colors:
1. Most lip colors seen on celebs are custom- blended by makeup artists. Try that one-of-a-kind mixing at home with Mally Beauty Pro Tricks Lip Palette, with nine shades plus pearlizer and white and black shade modifier, $45; at mallybeauty.com.
2. Lipstick goes on more smoothly -- no flakes or...Read more »
Join actress ZOOEY DESCHANEL and designer TOMMY HILFIGER at Macy's Herald Square in Manhattan at 5 p.m. for the launch of To Tommy, From Zooey, a capsule collection of '60s-inspired dresses and accessories, and a Q&A session hosted by celebrity stylist Mary Alice Stephenson; 151 W. 34th St.; 212-695-4400.
BLOOMINDALE'S has a spring 2014 fashion show at 3 p.m....Read more »
New York-based fashion designer Alexander Wang has revealed that he will be partnering with H&M to release a new collection.
Wang made the announcement via Instagram, posting a video featuring a scoreboard clock counting down to the line's release date. He then celebrated with a party at Coachella.
“I am honored to be a part of H&M’s designer collaborations. The work with their...Read more »
Shopping for a tropical vacation? Before you pack up and fly to the beach, you might want to stop at Kohl's.
Designer Peter Som has partnered with the retailer to launch a spring capsule collection full of pieces that are enough to make anyone want to grab a suitcase and head oceanside.
The line, inspired by the beachy beauty of St. Barths, features patterned maxi dresses, chic jumpsuits...Read more »
April showers bring ... you know. But wintered-out, brittle hair could use hydration, too. Treat it before, during, and after shampoos with:
1. Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme: Apply biweekly to wet hair (mid-length to ends), cover, leave on two to 20 minutes, then shampoo, $45; at philipkingsley.com.
2. Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter: Launched this...Read more »