Ombre manicure: DIY in five easy steps
Ombre-- the slow fade from one shade to another-- is a hot trend this spring, and what better place to wear it than your nails? Here are five steps to an ombre manicure, as demonstrated by Bridgette Bock of Salon Blue in Mineola using the sponge technique.
1. Apply a base coat, let dry.
2. Apply a coat of light polish. This is Crewed Interest by Essie.
3. Apply two colors to a sponge. Here, Bock combines It's Obvious by Essie with Conquistadorable by OPI.
4. Press the sponge onto the nail to create the shaded effect, reapplying the polish to the sponge before each nail.
5. When dry, finish with a clear top coat for protection.