The Mets and former team executive Leigh Castergine informed a federal judge in writing Friday that they have settled her sexual discrimination lawsuit out of court.
In a joint statement released by the Mets, they said the lawsuit "will result in the organization being more attentive to the important issues raised by women in sports."
Latest Mets stories
The terms of the settlement were not released.
Castergine, in her lawsuit filed in Brooklyn federal court last September, accused the Mets, and specifically chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon, of firing her for having a baby out of wedlock. She had been the head of Mets ticket sales and service operations from 2010 until last August.
Wilpon and the Mets denied the accusations, saying in court papers that Castergine "was treated fairly and without regard to her gender, marital status, pregnancy or leave" and that her firing "was based on legitimate business reasons."
Their joint statement noted that Castergine's lawsuit "has brought more attention to the workplace environment for women in sports."
Castergine and the Mets also said they "are both committed to the further development and encouragement of female executives in our industry."
Castergine's lawsuit sought monetary damages for discrimination on the basis of sex, pregnancy and marital status. Both sides said they would not comment beyond their joint statement.
The settlement removes the specter of the lawsuit from Wilpon and the Mets as they prepare for the season. The next hearing was slated for May.