The Mets have made it official: The team Tuesday announced it signed Yoenis Cespedes to a three-year, $75-million deal. The parties agreed to terms late Friday and all that remained was for the outfielder to pass his physical.

“Yoenis was a big contributor to our success last year,” general manager Sandy Alderson said in a statement. “Ownership’s ongoing commitment allowed us to bring back the right player at the right time to put us in a position to defend our NL East crown.”

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Cespedes, who reportedly turned down a five-year, $110-million offer from the rival Nationals, said, “I loved my experience with the Mets last season. In a short period of time, my teammates and the fans made New York feel like home, and I truly felt embraced by the entire organization. As I entered free agency, I couldn’t deny the pull to come back and finish what we had started last year. I am excited to finally announce that next season I am coming back to join the New York Mets once again.”

Manager Terry Collins added, “It’s great to have his big bat back in the middle of the lineup. He really lengthens the lineup and makes everyone around him better. He was a great teammate and I’m really glad he decided to come back.”

Cespedes, 30, was obtained from the Tigers July 31 at the trading deadline. He had 17 home runs and drove in 44 runs. He drove in a career-high 23 runs in August and had nine homers and 21 RBIs in September.

The Mets did not say if Cespedes will meet the media in New York before the team begins spring training next month in Port St. Lucie, Florida.