Andray Blatche says police probe won't affect his play
Web linksAll Nets: Rod Boone's blog
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Nets backup center Andray Blatche, who reportedly was questioned by police about an alleged sexual assault in a Philadelphia hotel suite earlier this week, said he will have no difficulty concentrating on basketball while the investigation continues.
"Y'all will hear the truth sooner or later," Blatche told reporters after the team's practice at its training center yesterday. "When the time comes and I can talk about it, everybody will realize it's not what you think."
A Philadelphia police representative Thursday declined to comment on the status of the investigation. An NBA spokesman said the league is monitoring the situation.
Police received a report of an alleged sexual assault involving a 21-year-old female at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Multiple media outlets said Blatche and two other men were questioned as part of the probe.
Police commissioner Charles Ramsey told The New York Times on Tuesday that Blatche is not being accused of any wrongdoing, but Ramsey acknowledged he was present in the suite at the Four Seasons Hotel when the alleged incident occurred.
Blatche had 20 points and seven rebounds in a 109-89 victory over Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
"I have a job to do," he said. "I'm going to do my job. Not let nothing distract me.
"As of right now, it's still under a legal matter. Won't have any comments about it. But everybody will know what's going on, sooner or later."
"I talked to my teammates, Billy, everybody about it," Blatche said. "Everybody knows what's going on. Everybody's supporting me, got my back 100 percent."
Asked if he needs to evaluate with whom he hangs out, Blatche emphatically said: "No. Trust me, no."