Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez All Access Episode 4 recap
There is not much left to be done other than the fighting now. Floyd Mayweather Jr. meets Canelo Alvarez this Saturday in Las Vegas. Here are thoughts on Showtime's final "All Access" episode. It was a good one.
Best spoken line, Floyd Mayweather Jr.: "I'm just relaxed. I've been here numerous times. I've done this over and over again. It's the same dance, all I have to do is put on a new suit."
Best spoken line, Floyd Mayweather Jr., part 2: "They say I handpicked my opponents my whole career. That means whatever team I had with me was a smart team."
Best spoken line, Canelo Alvarez: "The truth about these last days is that there is nothing left to do than get into the ring and fight."
Scenic view: Water fountains in Vegas.
Best written line: The truth of boxing has always been in its simplicity and the understanding that a fight is as basic and as pure as competition gets.
Best supporting cast: Shane Mosley, who has fought both Mayweather and Alvarez and analyzed the match. Those clips of Mosley clubbing Mayweather must have been encouraging for Canelo. Although Mosley was older and a bit more worn down when he fought Canelo, his most telling quote, "Canelo is better than what he [Mayweather] thinks."
Training Days: The Mayweather sit-up. It never gets old and it never gets easy, although Mayweather makes it look that way.
* It's easy to show how much Mayweather wins from gambling. Just once, show how much he lost. Please. Casinos and bookmakers stay in business because gamblers lose more than they win. Mayweather is not the exception to that rule. If he were and could win that much money all the time, he wouldn't have to fight.
* Floyd may be the only boxer in history who has a party before he fights.
* Floyd often hints that he has inside info about his opponent. In this episode he said that he knows Alvarez is trying to sweat off weight. Could his source be All Access? It doesn't seem to matter though, because two scenes later we see that Canelo is on weight.
* Interesting insight from Floyd's daughter, who said that her dad shuts everything down as the fight approaches. "There is no sound at all."
* Kelly Swanson cameo at the appreciation party.
* Mayweather has seemed to get under Canelo's skin, which was his objective all along.