Giants playoff history
A look back at the Giants' 15 trips to the playoffs during the Super Bowl era.
- From collapses to Super Bowls Introduction
- Giants return to playoffs 1981-82
- Parcells starts turnaround 1984-85
- 'Da Bears 1985-86
- Super Bowl champs 1986-87
- Giants get flipped 1989-90
- Super Bowl XXV champs 1990-91
- LT, Simms end careers 1993-94
- Giants collapse in fourth 1997-98
- Crushed in Super Bowl XXXV 2000-01
- Trey Junkin and the collapse 2002-03
- Shutout 2005-06
- Last-second loss to Philly 2006-07
- The catch, the comeback, the 18-1 Patriots 2007-08
- Eagles send Giants home again 2008-09
- Giants trump Pats again 2011-12
Credit: SFC/Chris Stewart
Trey Junkin and the collapse
Jim Fassel made his final trip to the playoffs as coach of the Giants (10-6). The trip was brief, though, and included one of the worst losses in franchise history.
Wild Card: Despite holding a 38-14 lead in the third quarter, the Giants found themselves trailing 39-38 with six seconds left. Matt Bryant came in for a 40-yard field goal try to salvage the win, but 41-year-old Trey Junkin botched the snap, and New York was eliminated.
advertisement | advertise on newsday