Giants playoff history
A look back at the Giants' 15 trips to the playoffs during the Super Bowl era.
- From collapses to Super Bowls Introduction
- Giants return to playoffs 1981-82
- Parcells starts turnaround 1984-85
- 'Da Bears 1985-86
- Super Bowl champs 1986-87
- Giants get flipped 1989-90
- Super Bowl XXV champs 1990-91
- LT, Simms end careers 1993-94
- Giants collapse in fourth 1997-98
- Crushed in Super Bowl XXXV 2000-01
- Trey Junkin and the collapse 2002-03
- Shutout 2005-06
- Last-second loss to Philly 2006-07
- The catch, the comeback, the 18-1 Patriots 2007-08
- Eagles send Giants home again 2008-09
- Giants trump Pats again 2011-12
Credit: Getty Images
Eagles send Giants home again
Touting one of the league’s best defenses, the Giants started the season 11-1, allowing more than 20 points just four times in their first 12 games. The NFC East champions stumbled down the stretch, though, losing three of four heading into the postseason.
Divisional: After a first round bye, the Giants took on Philadelphia, a little over a month after losing to them 20-14. Eli Manning struggled, throwing a pair of picks, and the Eagles won 23-11.
advertisement | advertise on newsday