Giants playoff history
A look back at the Giants' 15 trips to the playoffs during the Super Bowl era.
- From collapses to Super Bowls Introduction
- Giants return to playoffs 1981-82
- Parcells starts turnaround 1984-85
- 'Da Bears 1985-86
- Super Bowl champs 1986-87
- Giants get flipped 1989-90
- Super Bowl XXV champs 1990-91
- LT, Simms end careers 1993-94
- Giants collapse in fourth 1997-98
- Crushed in Super Bowl XXXV 2000-01
- Trey Junkin and the collapse 2002-03
- Shutout 2005-06
- Last-second loss to Philly 2006-07
- The catch, the comeback, the 18-1 Patriots 2007-08
- Eagles send Giants home again 2008-09
- Giants trump Pats again 2011-12
Credit: Newsday File Photo
Giants return to playoffs
The Giants (9-7) won four of their final five games after a 5-6 start to rally into the playoffs for the first time since losing the NFL championship in 1963.
Wild Card: Scott Brunner’s (pictured) three touchdown passes and Rob Carpenter’s 161 yards rushing kept the run going, as the Giants held on to a 27-7 first half lead to beat the Eagles 27-21.
Divisional: Big Blue looked to have a chance to upset the 49ers, pulling within seven in the third quarter on a 59-yard touchdown reception by John Perkins. The Niners proceeded to score 14 unanswered points, though, and won 38-24.
advertisement | advertise on newsday