Giants playoff history
A look back at the Giants' 15 trips to the playoffs during the Super Bowl era.
- From collapses to Super Bowls Introduction
- Giants return to playoffs 1981-82
- Parcells starts turnaround 1984-85
- 'Da Bears 1985-86
- Super Bowl champs 1986-87
- Giants get flipped 1989-90
- Super Bowl XXV champs 1990-91
- LT, Simms end careers 1993-94
- Giants collapse in fourth 1997-98
- Crushed in Super Bowl XXXV 2000-01
- Trey Junkin and the collapse 2002-03
- Shutout 2005-06
- Last-second loss to Philly 2006-07
- The catch, the comeback, the 18-1 Patriots 2007-08
- Eagles send Giants home again 2008-09
- Giants trump Pats again 2011-12
Giants collapse in fourth
In his first year as head coach, Jim Fassel brought the Giants from a 6-10 season to an NFC East title with a 10-5-1 record.
Wild Card: With Danny Kanell at the helm, New York appeared poised to knock off Minnesota, taking a 22-13 lead late in the fourth quarter on a Brad Daluiso field goal. However, the Vikings responded with a Randall Cunningham touchdown pass and an Eddie Murray 24-yard chip shot, both in the final 90 seconds, to knock off the Giants.
advertisement | advertise on newsday