How the Jets unraveled
The Jets were 8-5 with three weeks left in the season before it all fell apart on and off the field.
- The Florham Park Zoo Introduction
- A complete stinker Dec. 18, 2011
- Namath lashes out Dec. 22, 2011
- Embarrassed at home Dec. 24, 2011
- Bye bye, playoffs Jan. 1, 2012
- Bye bye, captains Jan. 2, 2012
- ‘Corrupt and selfish’ locker room Jan. 4, 2012
- Costly gesture Jan. 5, 2012
- Ex-Jet takes a shot Jan. 6, 2012
- Schottenheimer leaves Jan. 10, 2011
- Sparano and some Sanchez drama Jan. 11, 2011
A complete stinker
Three turnovers in the first half help the Jets lose to the Eagles, 45-19, and fall to 8-6. Receiver Santonio Holmes earns a 15-yard penalty and the wrath of media and fans when he gets flagged for taunting after mocking the Eagles’ “fly, birds, fly” celebration by flapping his arms. The Jets trailed 28-9 in the second quarter at that point. Still, the Jets control their playoff destiny.
advertisement | advertise on newsday