How the Jets unraveled
The Jets were 8-5 with three weeks left in the season before it all fell apart on and off the field.
- The Florham Park Zoo Introduction
- A complete stinker Dec. 18, 2011
- Namath lashes out Dec. 22, 2011
- Embarrassed at home Dec. 24, 2011
- Bye bye, playoffs Jan. 1, 2012
- Bye bye, captains Jan. 2, 2012
- ‘Corrupt and selfish’ locker room Jan. 4, 2012
- Costly gesture Jan. 5, 2012
- Ex-Jet takes a shot Jan. 6, 2012
- Schottenheimer leaves Jan. 10, 2011
- Sparano and some Sanchez drama Jan. 11, 2011
Namath lashes out
In an interview with Newsday, Joe Namath says he is troubled by much of what he sees from his former team. Namath, the franchise’s only Super Bowl-winning quarterback, said of Rex Ryan’s coaching style: “I find [Ryan] hard to believe. It's like every player on the Jets is the best player in the league . . . I can see patting guys on the back, but I have a hard time believing him. On the topic of Santonio Holmes’ 15-yard penalty against the Eagles: "When you see someone blatantly breaking a rule, knowing what the rules are, that's selfish. That stinks."
advertisement | advertise on newsday