FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Ryan Fitzpatrick acknowledged his failings but made it clear he doesn’t agree with Todd Bowles’ decision to bench him.

“I don’t like it,” he said on Wednesday, when asked about his backup, Geno Smith, being tabbed as the new starting quarterback of the Jets (1-5).

Fitzpatrick said Bowles broke the news to him in his office on Tuesday.

“The way that we played on offense the last four weeks, something had to change,” he said. “So I guess I was the change.”

Fitzpatrick’s play was a big reason behind the Jets’ 10-6 record last season. But his three fourth-quarter interceptions in the season finale against Buffalo helped doom their chances of making the playoffs.

And after an impressive showing in Week 2 against Buffalo, the “FitzMagic” has fizzled over the past five weeks. In the Jets’ losses, he has four touchdown passes and an NFL-leading 11 interceptions.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

“I’m disappointed that we’re making the change, but disappointed in my play this year as well,” said the 33-year-old quarterback, who regressed during the team’s four-game losing streak after throwing a franchise-record 31 touchdowns in 2015. “The competitor in me really wants to be out there, and the guy that was the leader of this team last year and the beginning of this year wants to be out there. But it’s the decision that Todd made.

“I’ve got to respect his decision. But I don’t have to like it.”

In addition to leading the league in picks, Fitzpatrick also has the worst QB rating (63.4). On Wednesday, he acknowledged his poor play.

“I haven’t played well. I think that’s the bottom line,” said the 12-year veteran, acknowledging that he likely won’t get another chance to reclaim his starting job.

“I’ve been around and been at it long enough to know that when you’re 1-5, usually good things aren’t happening, and it’s not all smiles in the building. So I don’t want to say that I expected it, but it’s not shocking to me that they wanted to change things up.”