NFL quick hits
- Since coming to the Bears in 2009, Jay Cutler has owned the Lions. He’s 7-1, has completed 63.5 percent of his passes for 1,802 yards, 12 touchdowns and only one interception. The Bears are at Detroit on Sunday.
- Bears tight end Martellus Bennett, who had a solid year with the Giants last year, is off to a terrific start so far with three touchdowns in his first three games.
- Going back to last year, the Seahawks have won their last eight regular-season games, outscoring opponents 279-87, more than a 3-1 ratio.
- If Matt Cassel plays well against the Steelers on Sunday in London, don't be surprised to see the Vikings stick with him for a while longer. Former first-round pick Christian Ponder is out with bruised ribs, but his inconsistent play may give Cassel an opening to keep the job if he gets the offense moving.
- A neck injury to Ahmad Bradshaw means that recently acquired Trent Richardson will shoulder a good portion of the running game for the Colts. It’s uncertain when Bradshaw might return, but he had some neck issues with the Giants that caused him to miss a game early last season.