We've likely seen the last of Richie Incognito in the NFL. Now he may be gone from Twitter as well.
The former Dolphins offensive lineman -- who was at the center of Friday's report by attorney Ted Wells that found he was the ringleader in a "pattern of harassment" of teammate Jonathan Martin and others in the organization -- took to the social media site Friday night.
Latest NFL stories
"You could not define me in 144 years let alone 144 pages Mr Wells. Thank you for your hard work and dedication," he wrote in reference to the report that the independent counsel produced.
Mark Shamel, Incognito's attorney, issued a statement earlier in the day that said the report is "replete with errors.''
"It is disappointing that Mr. Wells would have gotten it so wrong, but not surprising," the statement said. "The truth, as reported by the Dolphins players and as shown by the evidence, is that Jonathan Martin was never bullied by Richie Incognito or any member of the Dolphins offensive line."
Incognito, who on Wednesday went on a Twitter tirade against Martin saying, among other things, that the facts of the case would "bury" him and his camp, posted several more tweets Friday night. Among them was a link to the definition of the word "independent," an insinuation that Wells was working for the NFL (the league did hire him), several retweets of postings from supporters (two of which contained vile or derogatory terms), and then what appeared to be his farewell to the platform.
"Goodbye twitter," he wrote. "Be well. See you on the other side."
He punctuated that message with a smiley face wearing sunglasses.
And with that, he was gone.