All things entertaining in Westchester, Rockland and the Hudson Valley
BloggersChris Serico Kirthana Ramisetti Georgette Yacoub Kristin Taveira Anne Machalinski Estelle Lander
posts Next postMartha Stewart's American Made Awards honor Rhinebeck's Sawkille Co.
Beyonce's Super Bowl halftime show: Who should join her?
Beyoncé has confirmed she'll be performing at the halftime show for Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, but we're already thinking ahead to who might be joining her on stage for her performance.
With ubiquitous appeal, Beyoncé could convince almost anyone in the music industry to join her on stage for the spectacle. But since she and her husband Jay-Z own a home in Scarsdale, Newsday Westchester will narrow the focus to potential candidates with strong Hudson Valley ties. Here are five of the most intriguing options.
5. Mary J. Blige: A Yonkers native, Blige has already collaborated with Beyoncé on Blige's track, "Love a Woman." Both are hip-hop royalty with melisma, attitude and powerful vocals to spare.
4. Diddy: Raised in Mount Vernon, the Artist Formerly Known As Puff Daddy guested on Beyoncé's "Summertime" single from the soundtrack of "The Fighting Temptations." He gets bonus points for his long-time friendship with Jay-Z, and for overall showmanship.
3. Steven Tyler: Another Yonkers product, the Aerosmith frontman already has a Super Bowl halftime show under his belt, gigging with the likes of *NSYNC, Britney Spears, Nelly and the aforementioned Blige in 2001. Tyler's also been mixing it up with hip-hop stars since 1986, when he and the band teamed up with Run-DMC for their crossover hit, "Walk This Way."
2. Keith Richards: The former South Salem resident joined the rest of the Rolling Stones for their Super Bowl halftime performance in 2006. Richards could riff on any song and make it even cooler. A 16-bar solo on "Single Ladies" would blow everyone's minds.
1. Jay-Z. For lack of a better word, duh.
Who would you most like to see join Beyoncé on stage for the Super Bowl halftime show? Vote in the poll, or leave your own answer in the comments section below.