April 10, 2013 8:57 PM
By MARK HERRMANN email@example.com
advertisement | advertise on newsday
1. Arnold Palmer-Gary Player-Jack Nicklaus. The Big Three, honorary starters at 7:50 a.m. today
2. Rory McIlroy-Keegan Bradley-Freddie Jacobson. Bradley and McIlroy are past two PGA champs, met in Ryder Cup singles, with McIlroy winning.
3. Fred Couples-Dustin Johnson-Branden Grace. Couples usually surprisingly contends, Johnson is considered long enough to be a threat, Grace won four times on European Tour last year.
4. Phil Mickelson-Louis Oosthuizen-Martin Kaymer. Three major champions
5. Ben Crenshaw-Matteo Manassero-Tianlang Guan. Add Manassero's and Guan's ages (19 and 14) and they're still 28 years shy of Crenshaw's.
Please log in to comment. Civility matters; click here to read our commenting guidelines.