All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
Long Island girls basketball top 10 rankings
1. Long Island Lutheran (14-3): Boogie Brozoski had 19 points and Katie Lavelle had 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals to lead Lutheran past Rumson-Fair Haven, 54-44, at the New York/New Jersey Shore Classic last Monday. All 14 players for Lutheran scored in the team's 80-37 win over St. Joseph's by the Sea last Saturday.
2. St. Mary's (13-3): Mei-Lyn Bautista and Jordan Agustus (pictured) each scored 18 points in a tight 53-50 win over St. John the Baptist last Tuesday. The Gaels then rolled over Kellenberg, 67-43, last Thursday, opening the game on a 24-6 run.
3. St. Anthony's (12-4): Senior Rebecca Musgrove scored a career-high 31 points in a 74-54 win over St. John the Baptist on Friday.
4. Harborfields (15-1): Bridgit Ryan had 15 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals in a 60-38 win over Islip last Thursday. Amy Werbitsky had 17 points in a 62-33 win over Sayville last Tuesday.
5. Massapequa (13-0): The Chiefs can clinch Nassau Conference AA-I with a win over Farmingdale on Tuesday after beating Hempstead, 67-37, last Friday with 13 different scorers.
6. Sachem East (12-2): Senior Emily Carmel scored 12 points in a 71-39 win over Ward Melville last Tuesday, reaching the 1,000-point mark for her career
7. Whitman (13-2): Whitman took command of Suffolk League II with a 52-46 win over Northport on Tuesday as Kelly Billodeau led the way with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
8. St. John the Baptist (8-10): St. John the Baptist suffered through a tough stretch against top teams last week, losing to St. Anthony’s last Friday and St. Mary’s last Tuesday, extending its losing streak to three games dating to a Jan. 24 loss at Long Island Lutheran.
9. North Shore (14-1): North Shore beat Lawrence, 90-46, last Friday as Erin Sheerin had 19 points, 12 rebounds and 11 steals for her first career triple-double.
10. Southampton (13-3): Southampton picked up two more wins last week to all but lock-up Suffolk League VII. The team beat Hampton Bays, 50-41, last Friday and Wyandanch, 60-31, last Tuesday.
Tags: girls basketball