All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Will Sammon Amy Streifer Jason Stromberg
Long Island Top 10 girls hoops rankings
1. Long Island Lutheran (12-3): After a three-game losing streak against good teams, the Crusaders have come on strong with a win over St. Mary's and started last week with a 53-48 win over Bishop Ford, one of the top teams in the city. Then the Crusaders beat St. John the Baptist, 56-35. Sophomore Boogie Brozoski scored 20 points, including the 1,000th of her career in her third season on varsity.
2. St. Mary's (11-3): Mei-Lyn Bautista scored 15 points and had six assists in a 48-41 win over Hol Trinity, Thursday. St. Mary's lone contest this week will be at Kellenberg, Thursday.
3. St. Anthony's (10-4): The Friars didn't play a conference game last week, but look forward to Friday's showdown with St. John the Baptist.
4. Harborfields (13-1): Senior Bridgit Ryan scored all 13 of her points in the first quarter of a 76-39 win over Eastport-South Manor, Tuesday, scoring her 1,000th career point. Harborfields then beat Westhampton 59-19, Friday.
5. Massapequa (11-0): The Chiefs remained unbeaten with a 56-46 win over Uniondale, Friday, as Lauren Van Buren had 19 points and 17 rebounds and Melanie Hingher had 17 points and 11 rebounds in the win.
6. Sachem East (10-2): Katie Doherty scored 22 points in a 59-17 win over Sachem North, Thursday.
7. St. John the Baptist (8-8): St. John the Baptist will look to bounce back from Thursday's loss to Lutheran when it travels to St. Anthony's, Friday.
8. Whitman (12-2): Essence Casey had two double-doubles in two wins for Whitman last week. She scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in a 60-22 win over Bay Shore, Thursday, and had 21 points and 10 rebounds in a 55-37 win over Half Hollow Hills East, Tuesday.
9. North Shore (12-1): North Shore built a comfortable two-game lead in Nassau A-III with a 68-53 win over Floral Park, Friday, behind Erin Sheerin's nine points, 11 rebounds, six assists and four steals
10. Southampton (11-3): Paris Hodges had 18 points, 11 rebounds, six steals and four assists in a 63-45 win over Babylon, Friday.