High school central
All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Ian Cutler Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Doric Sam Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
Long Island Lutheran’s Boogie Brozoski and North Babylon’s Brianna Jones will spend Memorial Day weekend trying out for the USA Women’s Basketball U16 team at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. Brozoski and Jones, who both just finished their sophomore seasons, are two of 100 players who applied and were accepted to tryout for the team, along with 32 other players who were...Read more »
Long Island Lutheran, Sachem East and Harborfields are the only teams still alive with the public school state championships this weekend and the Federation championships starting March 22.
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Lutheran was idle again this week as it prepares for the Class A Federation tournament, starting March 22.
2. St. Anthony's (22-6): The Friars’ season ended, Wednesday...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Lutheran was idle this week as it prepares for the Class A Federation tournament, starting March 22.
2. St. Anthony's (22-5): Rebecca Musgrove had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Chastity Taylor scored 13 points to lead the Friars to their third straight CHSAA league championship, Sunday, 48-36 over St. Mary’s. St. Antony’s will be the fifth seed in the CHSAA...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (16-3): Boogie Brozoski had 27 points, five assists and two steals in a 61-50 win over nationally-ranked Shabazz of Newark at the Mecca Tournament at the Gauchos Gym in the Bronx last Sunday. The win over sixth-ranked Shabazz extends the Crusaders’ winning streak to 10.
2. St. Mary's (16-3): Alyssa James had 10 points and seven rebounds while Jasmine Bryant added eight...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (16-3)
2. St. Mary's (16-3)
3. Massapequa (14-0)
4. North Shore (15-1)
5. Baldwin (11-3)
6. Mepham (14-2)
7. MacArthur (13-3)
8. Farmingdale (13-3)
9. Uniondale (12-4)
10. Kellenberg (8-6)...Read more »
Another game against a top team, another win for Long Island Lutheran girls basketball.
Boogie Brozoski led the way with 27 points, as the Crusaders knocked off Shabazz of Newark, 61-50 at the Mecca Tournament at the Gauchos Gym in the Bronx, Sunday afternoon.
Shabazz (20-1) was the No. 1 team on MSG Varsity’s Tri-State top 20 last week, and was ranked sixth in the nation on Maxpreps’...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (12-3)
2. St. Mary's (11-3)
3. Massapequa (11-0)
4. North Shore (12-1)
5. MacArthur (10-2)
6. Baldwin (7-3)
7. Farmingdale (11-2)
8. Uniondale (10-3)
9. Kellenberg (6-5)
10. Mepham (10-2)...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (12-3): After a three-game losing streak against good teams, the Crusaders have come on strong with a win over St. Mary's and started last week with a 53-48 win over Bishop Ford, one of the top teams in the city. Then the Crusaders beat St. John the Baptist, 56-35. Sophomore Boogie Brozoski scored 20 points, including the 1,000th of her career in her third season on varsity....Read more »
After opening the season with six consecutive wins, the Long Island Lutheran girls basketball team went through a mini slump with three consecutive losses. The Crusaders are back on track.
Long Island Lutheran pulled off a huge win over Bishop Ford, one of the top teams in the city, 53-48, in the Rose Classic Super Jam at Bishop Ford Monday night.
Boogie Brozoski scored 20 points and...Read more »
Half Hollow Hills West and Long Island Lutheran are among the 15 schools competing in the 2013 Big Apple Basketball High School Invitation this weekend at Baruch College in Manhattan.
Hills West, led by Marcus Solomon, Terry Harris and Jamir Blackman, will face Bayside (Queens) on Saturday at noon. Lutheran, led by Connecticut-bound center Kentan Facey and sophomore point guard Chris...Read more »