Long Island is lacrosse country. Stay up-to-date on the latest boys lacrosse issues with insights and commentary from Newsday's high school writers.
Nassau Top 10
Big games await this week for many of the top teams on this list. Class C rivals Manhasset and Cold Spring Harbor play Saturday night and Wantagh hosts unbeaten Division on Wednesday.
1. Manhasset (11-0): The Indians continue to win close games against tough competition. Drew Belinsky scored with 10.3 seconds left to give Manhasset a 7-6 comeback win over Garden City in the Woodstick Classic on Saturday. Garden City led 6-4 early in the fourth quarter.
2. Wantagh (11-1): Matt Balzano had five goals in a 16-3 win over MacArthur. Host Division at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
3. Garden City (7-3): Beat New Canaan, 5-4, on Monday and lost to Manhasset by one on Saturday. The Trojans two LI losses were by one goal to Manhasset and Wantagh. Their other defeat was to nationally ranked St. Paul’s.
4. Cold Spring Harbor (12-0): Beat Floral Park, 10-7 and Mineola, 15-3. CSH heads to Manhasset at 6 p.m. Saturday in a meeting of Class C unbeatens.
5. Chaminade (9-3): Rolled over Farrell, 13-1, and Trinity, 11-4, in two CHSAA games last week.
6. Farmingdale (9-2): Sal Tuttle scored with 47 seconds left to give the Dalers a 10-7 win over Baldwin on Tuesday to keep Farmingdale the only unbeaten in Conference I. On Friday night, they beat Shoreham-Wading River, 7-5.
7. Hicksville (9-2): Beat Freeport, 14-3, and Long Beach, 12-9 on Saturday night.
8. Division (11-0): Beat Carey, 13-6, and Corey Triola had six goals in a 15-6 win against Hewlett. Now comes the big game with Wantagh on Wednesday.
9. Massapequa (8-3): Brent Lawless, Ryan Kirby and Dylan Sheehan each had three goals in a 21-1 win over Herricks. The Chiefs are 5-1 in league with a win over Baldwin. Play Hicksville on Tuesday.
10. Baldwin (9-2): Lost to Farmingdale, 10-9 on Tuesday. The Bruins are 5-2 in Conference I.
On the bubble: South Side (7-5), Lynbrook (8-3), Friends Academy (9-2), Port Washington (8-3)