High School Boys Lacrosse
Long Island is lacrosse country. Stay up-to-date on the latest boys lacrosse issues with insights and commentary from Newsday's high school writers.
We’ve arrived at county championship week. Manhasset takes on Cold Spring Harbor, Wantagh faces Garden City and Farmingdale plays Massapequa in a tripleheader Wednesday afternoon and night at Hofstra. All three games are rematches of regular season meetings, which were won by Manhasset, Wantagh, and Farmingdale. But this is playoff time. Throw those results out the window.
1. Manhasset...Read more »
We’re in the thick of the playoffs with 13 Nassau postseason games to be played during the next two weeks at Hofstra. By this Thursday, the A, B and C county finals will be set. The championship games will be played next Wednesday, June 2 at Hofstra.
1. Manhasset (15-0): The undefeated Indians were idle last week thanks to earning the top seed in the Nassau Class C playoffs and a bye...Read more »
Manhasset leads the pack heading into the playoffs, which begin this week. Wantagh, Garden City and Division, who finished in a three-way tie for first in Nassau Conference B-I, take up the next three spots. They are followed by CHSAA power Chaminade and Farmingdale, the top seed for the Class A postseason.
1. Manhasset (15-0): Manhasset finished the regular season undefeated with...Read more »
The playoffs begin this week. Here are the Nassau seeds and matchups. They appear as they would in a bracket format. Enjoy.
Class AFirst round (at higher seeds)Thursday, May 20
Top halfNo. 1 Farmingdale vs. No. 8 Port Washington, 4:30 p.m.No. 4 Syosset vs. No. 5 Baldwin, 4:45 p.m.Bottom halfNo. 3 Hicksville vs. No. 6 Oceanside, 4:45 p.m.No. 2 Massapequa vs. No. 7 East Meadow, 4:45 p.m....Read more »
Manhasset holds strong at No. 1 with an impressive win over rival Cold Spring Harbor on Saturday night. The big mover of the week is undefeated Division, which has risen to No. 2 with a two-goal win against Wantagh last week.
NOTE: This week's list includes results from Monday, too.
1. Manhasset (14-0): The Indians put together a complete team performance in a 7-2 win over previously...Read more »
Big games await this week for many of the top teams on this list. Class C rivals Manhasset and Cold Spring Harbor play Saturday night and Wantagh hosts unbeaten Division on Wednesday.
1. Manhasset (11-0): The Indians continue to win close games against tough competition. Drew Belinsky scored with 10.3 seconds left to give Manhasset a 7-6 comeback win over Garden City in the...Read more »
Manhasset moves into the top spot by beating Chaminade, and Wantagh is now No. 2 after taking down Garden City on Friday. Chaminade drops with the losses to Manhasset and somewhat of a surprise defeat to Yorktown at the Day of Heroes on Saturday at St. Anthony’s. Elsewhere, unbeaten Division enters the top 10 for the first time.
1. Manhasset (10-0): The Indians started their week by...Read more »
Chaminade moves to the top after a win over rival St. Anthony's. But Garden City also held strong with a solid victory over Yorktown. The big game of this week pits Chaminade against Manhasset on Tuesday.
1. Chaminade (5-1): Matt Kavanagh and Sean Mahon each scored three goals to lead Chaminade to a 14-8 win over rival St. Anthony’s on Tuesday. Big game at Manhasset at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
2....Read more »