1. GARDEN CITY BOYS LACROSSE. The Trojans earned the Spring BIG 10 title with an undefeated march to the state Class B championship. Garden City won its fifth state title by defeating Irondequoit, 11-4. Patric Berkery had three goals and Devin Dwyer had two goals and four assists. Coach Steve Finnell's squad posted the fifth undefeated season in school history and are considered the National Champions by multiple outlets.
Latest HS sports stories
2. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS LACROSSE. The Friars capped another tremendous season with a fifth straight CHSAA Class AA championship and, for a second straight year, were ranked third in the country. St. Anthony's season was highlighted by its victories over nationally-ranked opponents, including Manhasset, Chatham (N.J.), Sacred Heart and Garden City.
WEST ISLIP BOYS LACROSSE. The Lions extended their winning streak to 19 games when they posted a 12-7 win over Ithaca in the state Class A championship. West Islip (21-1) won its ninth straight Suffolk crown and seventh LIC before earning the school's fifth state title in seven years. All-American goalie Jack Kelly and defenseman Anthony Santo led a stingy defense and attack Tom Moore (60 goals) and Brendan Smith (55) led the offense.
4. ST. ANTHONY'S BOYS TRACK. Mike Brunoforte took second in the Federation in the pole vault and the 4 x 400 of Stanton Ridley, Kevin Kreider, James Adegbite, and Dan Graw took third at the state meet.
5. BAY SHORE GIRLS TRACK. Jessica Gelibert won the state Division I and Federation titles in the 400 hurdles at the state meet, then anchored two All-American relays -- the sixth-place 1,600 sprint medley and the national champion 800 sprint medley -- to Suffolk County records at the New Balance Outdoor Nationals.
6. KELLENBERG SOFTBALL. The Firebirds completed an amazing undefeated run to the CHSAA championship. They were 29-0 and won their first CHSAA state title. Senior pitcher Susan Pardo and senior catcher Allie Pisciotta led the way.
7. HALF HOLLOW HILLS GIRLS BADMINTON. Hills completed a third consecutive undefeated regular season and has won 44 straight matches dating to 2009.
GARDEN CITY GIRLS LACROSSE. This season was marked by resilience: the Trojans fell down, but when it was all over, they stood triumphant once again. Garden City had five crushing regular-season losses -- following a 55-game win streak -- but rebounded to capture a seventh consecutive state Class B championship.
9. GARDEN CITY MAROON GIRLS GOLF. Garden City Maroon beat Plainview JFK, 9-0, to win its 10th consecutive conference title and move its county-match win streak to 72.
10. GARDEN CITY GIRLS TRACK. The team of Laura Jaeger, Emma Gallagher, Alexis Yeboah-Kodie and Taylor Hennig won the Federation 4 x 400 title at the state meet and followed up by taking second in the 1,600 sprint medley in a Long Island-record 3:56.55.
Cold Spring Harbor boys tennis, Half Hollow Hills East boys tennis, Uniondale boys track.