Newsday.com plays it to the flag with Long Island boys soccer.
Friday Nov. 11
CHSAA state semifinals at St. John's University Belson Stadium
St. John the Baptist vs. St. Joseph's (Buffalo), 1 p.m.
Saturday Nov. 12
CHSAA state finals at St. John's University Belson Stadium
SJB/St. Joseph's winner vs. Fordham Prep/St. Francis Prep winner, 6 p.m....Read more »
Long Island Championships/Regional Semfinals
Class C: Port Jefferson vs. Friends Academy at Diamond in the Pines, 2:30 p.m.
Class B: Mattituck vs. Wheatley at Diamond in the Pines, 5 p.m....Read more »
Suffolk Class AA semifinals
No. 8 Commack at No. 5 Brenwtood, 2 p.m.
No. 6 West Islip at No. Half Hollow Hills East, 2 p.m.
Suffolk Class A semifinals
No. 4 Shoreham-Wading River at No. 1 Sayville, 2 p.m.
No. 3 Glenn at No. 2 East Hampton, 2 p.m....Read more »
1. Brentwood (15-2-1)
2. Half Hollow Hills East (16-1-1)
3. St. John the Baptist (11-3-3)
4. West Islip (15-1-2)
5. Hicksville (14-1-2)
6. Commack (10-5-3)
7. Sachem East (15-2-1)
8. Ward Melville (14-3-1)
9. Half Hollow Hills West (16-1-1) 10. St. Anthony’s (14-6-1)...Read more »
J.T. Famularo scored from eight yards out off a cross from Adonis Martinez with 11 minutes left in the game to give No. 2 Island Trees (14-1-3) a 1-0 win over No. 6 Great Neck North in a Nassau Class A semifinal. Andrew Barbine had seven saves in the win.
Noah Telyas took a shot from 12 yards that hit the left post but tipped off the keeper's hand for the goal with 2:30 left for No. 9 Jericho...Read more »
Brentwood faced a 2-0 halftime deficit, but the three-time champions wouldn't go quietly. The Indians scored two goals in a span of six minutes and Jonathan Interiano scored on a breakaway off a pass from freshmen Ever Torres 36 seconds into overtime to lift No. 5 Brentwood to a 3-2 win over No. 4 Ward Melville in a Suffolk Class AA quarterfinal.
Check out the story here....Read more »
Class B final at Mitchel Athletic Complex, 6 p.m.
(3) Cold Spring Harbor vs. (1) Wheatley
Finals at Diamond in the Pines, Coram
Class B, 5 p.m.
(4) Mattituck vs. (3) Center Moriches
Class C, 2:30 p.m.
(1) Port Jefferson vs. (3) Southold
Final at Adelphi, 5 p.m.
(1) St. Anthony's vs. (3) St. John the Baptist...Read more »
Class A Semifinals at Mitchel Athletic Complex
(6) Great Neck North vs. (2) Island Trees, 5 p.m.
(9) Jericho vs. (4) Roslyn, 7:30 p.m.
Class AA Quarterfinals, 2:30 p.m.
(8) Commack at (1) Sachem East
(5) Brentwood at (4) Ward Melville
(6) West Islip at (3) Half Hollow Hills West
(7) Smithtown West at (2) Half Hollow Hills East...Read more »
Class A quarterfinals, 2:30 p.m.
(5) Westhampton at (4) Shoreham-Wading River
(6) Miller Place at (3) Glenn...Read more »
Mattituck came into the Suffolk Class B semifinals as the No. 4 seed and had to face unbeaten Southampton, which they lost to twice during the regular season. The defending Suffolk Class B champions will defend their championship after a 2-1 win over top-seeded Southamtpon today.
David Burkhardt scored on a free kick from 30 yards with 20 minutes left in the second half for Mattituck...Read more »