High School Field Hockey
Newsday.com brings you in-depth coverage of Long Island high school field hockey.
Clarke won. And if you guessed it was a one-goal game that came down to the waning minutes… it simply means you’ve been paying attention. They pulled out another one.
The Rams edged fifth-seeded North Shore, 1-0, Monday in a Nassau Class B quarterfinal. Kristen Keller scored the winner with 1:30 remaining as No. 4 Clarke earned its first trip to the semifinals since 2001.
Clarke, this...Read more »
1. Garden City (13-0-1): They haven't lost a game this season and they're pursuing a 19th straight county title (a seventh consecutive in Class B). What more needs to be said? The Trojans had a first-round bye and will face the winner of the North Shore/Clarke game on Wednesday.
2. Cold Spring Harbor (11-2-1): The Seahawks finished the regular season with a 2-1 win over Clarke. A semifinalist...Read more »
1. Garden City (12-0-1): Stop the presses! Brace yourselves for this one. Garden City... allowed a goal. Yes, it happened. They defeated Clarke, 2-1, last Monday but the goal, scored by Emma Foster, was the first the Trojans had allowed in seven games dating back to Sept. 19.
2. Cold Spring Harbor (10-2-1): The Seahawks had two dominant wins over Floral Park and North Shore last week. Victoria...Read more »
1. Garden City (9-0-1): The Trojans have outscored their last three opponents 21-0. And if there's such a thing as avenging a tie, they did that with a 5-0 win over CSH on Friday.
2. Cold Spring Harbor (8-2-1): The loss to Garden City was a setback, but this team certainly has a wealth of talent and depth, and in coach Danielle Skakandi's words, "has all the necessary components."
3....Read more »
1. Garden City (6-0-1): A write-up really isn't necessary, right? The Trojans beat Floral Park, 8-0, on Wednesday to further solidify themselves atop this pyramid. They had seven different goal scorers (led by Alexandra Bruno's two) and Catherine McTiernan had two assists. They've now outscored opponents 29-2 (27-1 since that 1-1 tie with Cold Spring Harbor).
2. Cold Spring Harbor (6-1-1):...Read more »
(Yes, I've taken to titling my blog posts "The one on/with/about..." Why? Because it saves me from having come up with snappy subject lines and I've made "The one" a thing. It's creative in its un-creativeness.)
It's here already, folks. The postseason. <Jim Mora voice> Playoffs? </Jim Mora voice> Yeah, playoffs. Time sure does fly like a G6.
No....Read more »