All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Ian Cutler Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Doric Sam Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
Long Island Lutheran, Sachem East and Harborfields are the only teams still alive with the public school state championships this weekend and the Federation championships starting March 22.
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Lutheran was idle again this week as it prepares for the Class A Federation tournament, starting March 22.
2. St. Anthony's (22-6): The Friars’ season ended, Wednesday...Read more »
St. Mary's, St. Anthony's and St. John the Baptist are the three Long Island teams in the CHSAA AA state girls basketball tournament, starting Wednesday. Semifinal games are Friday at St. John Villa at 5:45 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The championship game will be Saturday at Cardinal Spellman at 7 p.m.
Here are Wednesday's quarterfinal match-ups:
(1) Bishop Ford vs. (8) St. John the Baptist,...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Lutheran was idle this week as it prepares for the Class A Federation tournament, starting March 22.
2. St. Anthony's (22-5): Rebecca Musgrove had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Chastity Taylor scored 13 points to lead the Friars to their third straight CHSAA league championship, Sunday, 48-36 over St. Mary’s. St. Antony’s will be the fifth seed in the CHSAA...Read more »
The starting times for Saturday’s Class A and Class AA Long Island Championship boys basketball games at Hofstra have been confirmed by. Ed Cinelli, executive director of Section XI (Suffolk).
Section XI is serving as host for the games at the Mack Center, confirmed Monday, the following schedule: Class A: Amityville vs. Jericho, 5 p.m. ($7 admission) Class AA: Northport vs. Baldwin, 7:30...Read more »
Junior guard Tamara Simpson had 33 points, including the 1,500th of her career, as No. 4 Portledge topped Horace Mann, 54-33, in a NYSAIS Tournament quarterfinal on Thursday.
Morgan Follett added 13 points in the win. Simpson, who’s averaging 29 points in her last three games, including 34 against Lawrence Woodmere in an IPPSAL semifinal, has 1,512 career points.
Portledge (22-3) will...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Staci Barrett had 15 points and five boards on senior night last Friday to lead Lutheran over Mary Louis in the team’s regular -eason finale. Lutheran will compete in the Class A Federation Championships starting March 22. The well-rounded Barrett also performed a beautiful rendition of the Star Spangled Banner before Friday’s win.
2. St. Mary's (20-3): The...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4)
2. St. Mary's (20-3)
3. Massapequa (16-0)
4. North Shore (18-1)
5. MacArthur (13-3)
6. Farmingdale (16-3)
7. Uniondale (14-4)
8. Baldwin (11-4)
9. Mepham (15-3)
10. Herricks (15-4)...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (17-4) 2. St. Mary's (18-3) 3. Massapequa (14-0) 4. North Shore (16-1) 5. Baldwin (11-3) 6. Mepham (14-2) 7. MacArthur (13-3) 8. Farmingdale (15-3) 9. Uniondale (13-4) 10. Herricks (15-3)...Read more »
1. Long Island Lutheran (17-4): Boogie Brozoski had 21 points and five assists and Katie Lavelle had 16 points, five rebounds and three steals in a 60-55 win over Bishop Loughlin last Friday to extend the Crusaders’ winning streak to 11 straight. That streak was snapped Monday in a 54-50 loss to Murry Bergtraum. 2. St. Mary's (18-3): The Gaels clinched first place in the CHSAA by beating...Read more »
Below is the Nassau girls basketball playoff schedule, which will be updated as the postseason progresses:
Friday, Feb. 15
No. 9 Freeport at No. 8 Long Beach, 5 p.m.
No. 12 Valley Stream Central at No. 5 Herricks, 6 p.m.
No. 10 Port Washington at No. 7 Farmingdale, 5 p.m.
No. Great Neck South at No. 6 Uniondale, 4:30 p.m.
Saturday,...Read more »