High school central
All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Ian Cutler Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Doric Sam Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
After opening the season with six consecutive wins, the Long Island Lutheran girls basketball team went through a mini slump with three consecutive losses. The Crusaders are back on track.
Long Island Lutheran pulled off a huge win over Bishop Ford, one of the top teams in the city, 53-48, in the Rose Classic Super Jam at Bishop Ford Monday night.
Boogie Brozoski scored 20 points and...Read more »
1. St. Mary's (10-3) 2. Long Island Lutheran (9-3) 3. Massapequa (10-0) 4. North Shore (11-1) 5. MacArthur (9-2) 6. Baldwin (6-3) 7. Mepham (10-0) 8. Uniondale (10-2) 9. Farmingdale (10-2) 10. Kellenberg (6-5)...Read more »
1. St. Mary's (10-3): McKayla Hernandez scored 13 and Charlotte Renker had 11 points and four rebounds in a 56-40 win over New Mission in the Rose Classic Super Jam at Bishop Ford. Jordan Augustus scored 11 points in a 53-31 win over Sacred Heart 2. St. Anthony's (10-4): Taylor Good had 13 points and five assists and freshman Alyssa Torres added 10 points in a 59-35...Read more »
St. Anthony’s (10-4) St. John the Baptist (8-7) Harborfields (11-1) Commack (10-1) Sachem East (8-2) Whitman (10-2) North Babylon (10-1) Northport (10-2) Southampton (10-3) Glenn (11-1)...Read more »
Half Hollow Hills West and Long Island Lutheran are among the 15 schools competing in the 2013 Big Apple Basketball High School Invitation this weekend at Baruch College in Manhattan.
Hills West, led by Marcus Solomon, Terry Harris and Jamir Blackman, will face Bayside (Queens) on Saturday at noon. Lutheran, led by Connecticut-bound center Kentan Facey and sophomore point guard Chris...Read more »
1. St. Mary's (8-3)
2. Long Island Lutheran (7-3)
3. Baldwin (6-2)
4. Massapequa (9-0)
5. North Shore (9-1)
6. Farmingdale (9-1)
7. Uniondale (8-2)
8. Mepham (7-0)
9. MacArthur (8-2)
10. Kellenberg (5-4)...Read more »
Garden City will retire the first number in school history and the honor goes to basketball player Bethany LeSueur. She is Long Island's all-time leading scorer with 3,167 points and ranks No. 2 all-time in the state.
The ceremony to honor LeSueur and retire her No. 23 will take place on Saturday January 26 as Garden City hosts Roslyn at 5 p.m.
LeSueur was named Miss New York Basketball...Read more »
Who’s No. 1? That’s a tough answer this week. A strong case could be made for three teams, especially after they each have beaten each other. Neither St. Anthony’s, St. Mary’s or Long Island Lutheran have a bad loss. Each has played good teams. The team playing best right now is St. Mary’s. The Gaels have won six of seven and the loss on Sunday to Long Island Lutheran makes the No. 1 selection debatable....Read more »
1. St. Anthony’s (8-4)
2. Sachem East (7-1)
3. St. John the Baptist (6-7)
4. Harborfields (9-1)
5. Northport (9-1)
6. Whitman (8-2)
7. Southampton (7-3)
8. Commack (8-1)
9. North Babylon (8-1)
10. Glenn (10-1)...Read more »
It has been a memorable three weeks for Shannon Duer. The Islip senior scored her 1,000th career point on Dec. 21. She pulled down her 1,000th career rebound on Tuesday. The next day she signed a letter of intent to attend NYIT.
Duer capped a milestone week by becoming the program's all-time leading scorer on Thursday when she had 28 points and 21 rebounds in a 71-35 win over Eastport-South...Read more »