Seven Thoughts after Rangers 5-2 loss to Jets
1. Fourth game in six nights, and after an emotional defeat of Torts and Vancouver, kinda expected this. Unravelled in third.
2. Would the non-call on Tobias Enstrom, who pulled Derek Stepan down on a breakway in the third changed the tone of the game? Maybe.
3. Have a feeling John Moore might be back in the lineup on the third d-pair in Buffalo. Michael Del Zotto (minus-3) struggled, and was among the more passive Rangers when it came to playing physical. And so will Henrik Lundqvist, as the shortest-lived, trumped up goalie "controversy" in NHL history ended before it started. Check twitter, folks, called it.
4. Rangers need to get somone who can go with the big boys but add some offensive dimension. A Chris Neil type. Dorsett is willing, but....Brian Boyle and Justin Falk have size, but are simply not fighters. Do not think Dylan McIlrath is ready for a regular shift on D yet.
5. Rangers won 59 percent of faceoffs, but couldn't deal with the speed and transition game. Oh, and they blocked just four shots.
6. Derick Brassard. No shots. Blake Wheeler, seven.
7. PK was good again, 2-for-2, four shots. PP, not so much. Had three shots in 2 opps.