Here it is, a very unscientific look at who we think will get picked in the top 10 (plus the Rangers at 15) spots on Friday night in St. Paul, Minn.:
1. OILERS: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer (WHL)
A true playmaking center, he could be riding alongside Taylor Hall, last year's No. 1 pick, for a long time to come.
2. AVALANCHE: Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (Sweden)
Could easily be the top pick, having developed his game in the Swedish pro league. Here, he'll help remake a defense that needs some shoring up.
3. PANTHERS: Gabriel Landeskog, LW, Kitchener (OHL)
Florida needs players, badly. it will have to spend roughly $32 million this summer just to get to the salary cap floor. Why not start with the player scouts say is the most NHL-ready of the lot?
4. DEVILS: Jonathan Huberdeau, C, Saint John (QMJHL)
Led his team to a Memorial Cup and went from middle-round prospect to elite with his work this season.
5. ISLANDERS: Dougie Hamilton, C, Niagara (OHL)
High-character young man with future NHL captain written all over him. It'll take time for him to develop, but he will add to the Isles' young core.
6. SENATORS: Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville (QMJHL)
Big, rangy talent who didn't produce as much as was expected this season, so his stock slipped a bit. Still could be a dynamic pro.
7. WINNIPEG: Ryan Strome, C, Niagara (OHL)
Talented scorer and upbeat personality could make him a fan favorite in the team's new hometown.
8. BLUE JACKETS: Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgarden (Sweden)
High-riser this season, when he showed he can play with the young guys and the older guys.
9. BRUINS: Ryan Murphy, D, Kitchener (OHL)
Great offensive game and joining the champs doesn't hurt for a defenseman's development. Plenty of time to grow.
10. WILD: Sven Baertschi, LW, Portland (WHL)
Nino Niederreiter's teammate and Swiss countryman doesn't have Nino's size, but he does have scoring touch.
15. RANGERS: Mark Scheifele, Barrie (OHL)
A good two-way player with lots of offensive skills. Still unpolished and light at 177 pounds, so he won't be in the pro mix for a couple years, but has the skill to make an impact eventually.