A mixed martial arts blog about UFC, Bellator and other MMA promotions and fighters.
Mark La Monica
I write in too many blogs to create individual profiles for each. So, whether you get roped into my musings on pop culture, "Entourage," mixed martial arts or the NFL, here are some things you should know about me:
1) No one's meatballs are as good as your mother's. It's undebatable.
2) "The Godfather III" and "Rocky V" get a bum rap. They're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.
3) Randy "Macho Man" Savage is the forgotten man when it comes to old-school pro wrestling discussions.
4) If YouTube stopped existing, it would create quite a problem for us. How would we waste time at work? Where would all the things we push off until later go?
5) The hug in the ocean between Rocky and Apollo in "Rocky III" makes absolutely no sense, but it's impossible to change the channel when it comes on.
6) MTV doesn't need to play more videos, just create more channels that play videos.
7) Just chill to the next episode.
8) When is someone going to create a garlic-scented cologne? Or perhaps a hand cream of some sort?
9) ADA Jack McCoy would kick ADA Ben Stone's patoot any day in court, but Paul Robinette would smoke Jamey Ross, Abby Carmichael, Claire Kincaid, Danielle Borgia and Connie Rubirosa.
10) I nearly dumped a girlfriend who thought my clapping in 1995 when Don Mattingly finally reached the playoffs was "childish."
11) Lauren Conrad. I'm just saying.
12) Yo Mona Lisa, could I get a date on Friday? And if you're busy, I wouldn't mind taking Saturday-ay-ay, ay-ay-ay.
13) What's up, guy?
15) Seeing Red Sox fans wretch at the mention of Wade Boggs on the horse in the Yankee Stadium is almost as funny as the episode of "Cheers" when Sam Malone and the rest of them "pantsed Wade Boggs."
16) I believe that after your favorite player retires or gets traded or signs elsewhere, there needs to be a one-year grace period before carefully selecting your next favorite player.
17) Swedish Fish, Mountain Dew make the world go round. Duct tape is a close third.
18) Twitter is the worst invention in history. Wait, how many characters was that?
There's another one of those UFC fight cards this weekend -- UFC 171 in Dallas on Saturday, to be exact. Whether or not the card is "stacked" and the fights are "sick" is up to each person to determine for themselves.
What remains undisputed about UFC 171, though, is this: the welterweight division will look completely different Sunday morning and again Monday afternoon when the new UFC rankings...Read more »
The Phil Jackson narrative dominated Knicks headlines since Friday.
But something else developed over the weekend. The Knicks gained ground in the race for the eighth and final playoff spot. After wins on Friday and Saturday night, the Knicks are just 3.5 games back of the No. 8 seed heading into Monday night's game against Philadelphia (15-47) at The Garden.
Here's how the current NBA...Read more »