Finding the right spaces at the right price can be a challenge when traveling with the family. Here are sleeping styles to consider.
1. STEAMBOAT GRAND RESORT AND CONDOMINIUMS, STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, COLORADO. This resort hotel offers easy access to mountain activities including gondola rides, biking and zip lining. A free shuttle makes it simple to sample downtown dining and shopping. Relax on a float tube and meander down the Yampa River or visit Strawberry Park Hot Springs. Choose from spacious hotel-style rooms that open to living areas designed with futon-like sleeping spaces and pullout sofas.
2. BETHANY BEACH OCEAN SUITES, BETHANY BEACH, DELAWARE. This 112-suite property is the first and only lodging option directly on the historic boardwalk. Direct access to the beach makes it easy for families to manage nap schedules, snacks and all the gear required for a day of sea, sand and sun. Settle into your suite with balconies, views, a kitchenette and pullout couch.
3. RADISSON BLU WARWICK HOTEL, PHILADELPHIA. Book the Kids Kamping package for extra sleeping space with a twist. While the adults climb into traditional bedding, kids can snooze inside a full-size tent that welcomes them with cozy pillows, blankets and a teddy bear. The landmark hotel, located at Rittenhouse Square, also offers s'mores as a treat before bedtime.
4. VACATION RENTALS. If you need plenty of room to roam, vacation rentals may be the right fit. With more companies making it easier to review the experiences of previous guests, compare and book, it can make sense to choose a loft, cabin, condo or home with the number of beds, baths, amenities and the location that works for your crew.
5. HIPMUNK. Confused as to whether multiple hotel rooms or a vacation rental make the most sense for your brood? Hipmunk's search engine includes vacation rentals, and new functionality makes it possible to easily compare the amenities, sleeping spaces and price for both options without toggling between screens.