Get in on the snow action this winter. Here are five ways you and your family can enjoy the upcoming ski season.
1. JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is celebrating its 50th anniversary with activities for both new and experienced skiers. Expect new lifts and on-mountain dining experiences as well as lodging options that offer a range of packages full of pre- and post-ski amenities. Avid skiers and boarders can explore new territory with the Golden Ticket. Bring your season pass from any other resort between Jan. 11 and 31 for discounts.
INFO 888-333-7766, jacksonhole.comSkiing near LI
2. THE MOUNTAIN COLLECTIVE Why spend all your time on one mountain when you can access 11 of the world’s top winter destinations with a value pass? Ski two days at Alta/Snowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Mammoth Mountain, Ski Banff/Lake Louise/Sunshine, Stowe, SunValley, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, Taos, Thredbo and Whistler Blackcomb, with discounts available for additional days. The pass is $399 for adults and $99 for children 12 and younger.
3. VAIL, COLORADO The Sebastian is a Rocky Mountain winter wonderland. Its amenities-on-demand program delivers ski and snow essentials to your room along with breakfast. Order an extra pair of toasty socks, hand warmers for the kids and sunscreen. Guests can request to have a steaming bubble bath drawn before a return from the slopes.
4. KEYSTONE, COLORADO Keystone resort features a recently renovated reception center, parking reserved for families and hundreds of red wagons to ease the transport of little ones plus gear. The Kidtopia program offers a range of activities for children including snow forts, arts and crafts, and music. Stay two nights in resort lodging and kids 12 and younger ski and ride free.
5. MOUNT ROSE — SKI TAHOE, NEVADA Families will appreciate the more than $1 million worth of enhancements to the mountain. Climb aboard the newly christened Wizard Chairlift for access to beginner-friendly terrain and the Enchanted Forest Family Zone. Also, Nevada’s Heavenly Mountain Resort will celebrate its 60th anniversary this season with special packages, free concerts and pop-up mobile DJs on snowcats.