Looking for the perfect present for family members? It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of travel.
Here are five ideas to consider that will enrich and expand the experiences of your family.
1. ANIMAL LOVERS Consider an active adventure in Zambia. Visitors can learn the art of game tracking while walking from one bush camp to the next with expert guides from Wildland. The guides will share their extensive experience as you travel through habitat where wild dogs roam among herds of buffalo, giraffe, elephant and wildebeests.
2. THRILLSEEKERS Explore three mountain cultures during a ski safari in Italy’s Dolomite Mountain region, a UNESCO World Heritage site. During a seven-day adventure, families will experience the Dolomiti Superski, a collection of 12 interconnected mountaintop resorts, each with its own terrain. A private guide will lead the way and offer local insight as you make tracks through the South Tyrol, Badia and Cortina regions.
3. CRUISERS If your little ones love “Shrek” or “Madagascar,” they’ll go wild for Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience on board the Anthem of the Seas. From character breakfasts and meet-and-greet moments to screenings of the latest animated films in the ship’s theater, your family will create a variety of memories.
4. ROAD-TRIPPERS Pure Adventures can help you get from here to there with self-guided tours customized to your budget, time frame and interests. Get started with a National Park pass, award-winning audio guides of parks, premier accommodations, a detailed road book and hiking suggestions in regions that include Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion national parks.
5. MEMORY LANE Package your family history and share your story with the kids. Return to your hometown, tour your college campus or introduce them to your favorite sport. Visit the settings of your favorite film or the novel that sparked a lifetime interest. Follow the trail of your ancestors and explore your family’s culture and cuisine. It will be a trip long remembered and treasured.