Bloomberg ranked 29th in Forbes 'Most Powerful' list
Both President Barack Obama and Mayor Michael Bloomberg saw their influence drop, accrording to Forbes Magazine's annual "World's Most Powerful" list.
Obama fell from the top spot, behind Russian President Vladimir Putin, while Bloomberg dropped from 16th to 29th.
Some of prominent political and business leaders Bloomberg trailed included Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
The mayor's office didn't return messages for comment.
The Forbes list, which is made by an extensive method that measure's a leader's "their scope of influence and their financial resources relative to their peers," includes new names such as Pope Francis.
Here is the top 10 on the list:
1) Russian President Vladimir Putin.
2) President Barack Obama
3) Xi Jinping, the General Secretary of China's communist party
4) Pope Francis
5) German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
6) Bill Gates
7) Fed chairman Ben Bernanke
8) Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud
9) Mario Draghi, president of the European Central Bank
10) Michael Duke, CEO of Wal-Mart