Dorner: $1 million reward offered for alleged ex-LAPD murderer
A $1 million-dollar reward was issued Sunday for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD officer and Navy vet suspected of killing three people and injuring two others.
The FBI and US Marshall Service have joined the search for Dorner, 33, who has been at large since his alleged triple-homicide last week.
“We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security of this community,” Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said at a news conference Sunday, according to the Los Angeles Times.
"We will not tolerate this reign of terror,” he said, adding that it’s the largest local reward ever offered.
Even actor Charlie Sheen has enlisted in the search effort. Dorner recently released an online manifesto in which he addressed a number of celebrities, including Sheen.
“Charlie Sheen, you’re effin awesome,” Dorner, 33, wrote multiple times. Sheen responded to Dorner on Saturday in an 18-second video on TMZ.com.
“You mentioned me in your manifesto, so thank you for your kind words,” Sheen said. “I am urging you to call me. Let's figure out together how to end this thing. Call me, I look forward to talking to you."