Lindsay Lohan won't be charged in alleged hit and run: Reports

Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan (Credit: (Getty Images))

Linsay Lohan is yet again off the hook, as she won't be prosecuted for allegedly clipping a man with her car then driving away last month in Manhattan, according to published reports.

Lohan, 26, was set to appear in court today to face the hit-and-run charge after allegedly hitting a 34-year-old chef with her Porsche SUV near a Meatpacking District hotspot. But prosecutors reportedly decided not to move forward with the case because of a lack of evidence.

But LiLo's drama doesn't stop there. Her dad and family pariah, Michael Lohan, is reportedly seeking a conservatorship over Linz, which would give him control over the "Mean Girls" star's finances, similar to what Britney Spear's father had, according to TMZ.com.

This comes after Lindsay allegedly called the cops on him last Friday for setting up a surprise intervention in California for her alleged excessive drinking.

Michael Lohan said his motivation for seeking the conservatorship isn't driven by money, but because he thinks Linz is out of control and needs legal help.

"If I do move forward in such an action, I want nothing to do with being conservator over her finance or career decisions," Lohan, 52, told the Daily News.

"I would want someone appointed by or from her present team," he said. "Enough people have screwed up her life and have taken from her financially."

Lindsay's rep declined to comment.

Tags: NEWS , ARTICLE , AMNY , HOLD

advertisement | advertise on newsday

advertisement | advertise on newsday