Organizers of the Long Island Fight for Charity are set to announce boxing matchups tonight at the Mansion at Oyster Bay in Woodbury in advance of next month’s scheduled charity fight.
More than 20 volunteer fighters from across Long Island, including business owners and executives, have signed up to go toe-to-toe with each other in November for the 15th annual event. The fighters, with ring names like Tara “The Hit Girl” Del Bianco, Chris “The Undertaker” Tombline, and Michael “The Number Cruncher” Holmstrom, come from a wide array of industries and jobs.
The annual charity fight has donated more than $1.1 million to Long Island charities since its launch. This year’s main event, scheduled for November 19 at the Hilton Long Island in Melville, is expected to generate $100,000 to $200,000, organizers said.
Tickets for next month’s fight range from $135 to $250 per person and can be purchased at lifightforcharity.org or for more information call 877-240-7821.
- Jane “The Real (Estate) Deal” Chen of Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP vs. Genine “The Knock Out” Traina of Equity First
- Chris “The Undertaker” Tombline of Gutterman’s Funeral Home vs. Steven “Tank” East of Caring People Inc.
- Harold “The Flash” German of Blu Chip SEO vs. Jon “The Dark Knight” Hurd of Asgard Regulatory Group
- Grant “The Bull” Havasy of Blue & Gold Homes vs. Michael “The Number Cruncher” Holmstrom of Grassi & Co.
- Stefan “Boom Boom” Borovina of the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe vs. Robert “The ‘Buca’ Barbarian” Hepworth of Unique Construction 1 Inc.
- Matthew “The Core Colossus” Pomara of Core BTS vs. Glen “The German Sermon” Tuifel of CSEA Nassau Local 830
- Delia “Dynamite D” De Salvo, a personal trainer, vs. Jamie “The Trainer” O’Mara, a crossing guard with the Suffolk County Police Department
- Walter “The Killa” Bonilla of Colonial Voluntary Benefits vs. Michael “Boom Bots” Zaharios of the South Huntington School District
- Nicholas “The Beast” Milazzo of Bridge Painters Local 806 vs. John “The Hammer” Sebastian of Local 46
- Tara “Killer-Watt” Bono of EMPower Solar vs. Tara “The Hit Girl” Del Bianco of SUNation Solar Systems
- Alyssa “The Annihilator” Kirschbaum of Lessing’s Hospitality vs. Sarah “Big Mama” Walters of Long Island Lutheran High School