Irwin Simon, chief executive of the Melville organic food maker Hain Celestial Group, says Amazon.com is now among its top 10 customers.
That insight came in a CNBC interview Wednesday morning on"The Bond Report," focused on the steady share price increase in recent months for Hain.
The CNBC interview segment is "Hain Celestial on a Roll." Other items and financial facts from the CNBC interview:
* Hain has a current market capitalization of $1.4 billion.
* Shares of Hain have risen more than 20 percent so far this year
* Hain reported earnings of $0.36 in its most recent quarter, well above estimates
* Hain's sales of organic products rose 15 percent in the most recent quarter
* Its sales in the U.S. increased 30 percent
Hain, as of Wednesday, had 677 items listed on Amazon.com.
Its top seller on Amazon was Earth's Best TenderCare Chlorine Free Diapers, 140 count, with a retail price of $75.99, discounted to $36.13 -- and even lower on the "Subscribe & Save" plan, at $30.71
Other top items were Earth's Best Organic 2nd Fruit Variety Pack, and Earth's Best Organic Infant Formula with Iron.
Read more of Inside Long Island Business